Vice President, Corporate Communications - MTV, VH1, CMT & Logo
MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are currently seeking a Vice President, Corporate Communications in support of MTV, VH1, CMT Logo. The successful incumbent will drive both internal and external corporate communications including but not limited to crises, speechwriting, social impact and employee engagement. The role reports to the Senior Vice President, Communications, MTV, VH1, CMT Logo.
In this role you will be charged with:
• Developing strategic communications plans in support of key goals, functions, senior management and other internal constituents
• Lead crisis communications across all three brands
• Serve as speechwriter for senior management; think and write strategically and creatively about a range of corporate issues in a variety of media, including, press releases, remarks, briefing documents and blog posts
• Develop and deliver an annual internal communications strategy, with goals of promoting strategy and brand awareness and inspiring employee engagement across the company
• 10-15 years' experience in communications or journalism.
• 2 years at a communications strategy firm
• Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, or related field is required.
• Exceptional written and spoken communications skills with some experience as a speechwriter.
• Strategic thinker who can translate complex concepts into actionable, digestible information and plans
• Strong understanding and application of social media in an internal communications environment
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Self-starter who can balance multiple priorities simultaneously, able to work within tight deadlines, establish clear priorities and maintain professionalism under pressure