Supervising Producer, MTV News
MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
MTV is looking for a Supervising Producer for its multiplatform sub-brand, MTV News. You will report to the Editorial Director, MTV News and lead the daily video production and distribution across MTV News digital and social platforms.
You should be well-versed in social trends and strategies within the digital/editorial video space, have strong production skills and comfort with innovating and updating strategies and content as needed to reflect a dynamic news environment. You're tireless as it pertains to identifying unique opportunities for MTV News to have a meaningful and unique impact on its audience.
You have experience creating video content across all social platforms, supervising production from development through post and have a well-developed aesthetic for visual storytelling.
You will have experience in both a linear and digital news environment, be passionate about issues related to young audiences, understand how to bring voice out of producers, and be an excellent collaborator.
You will work interdepartmentally and throughout the company both inside and outside the MTV News Digital sphere. Developing and managing relationships with MTV’s On-Air Producers, Development Team, Product Development, Editorial, Design, Technology, Marketing, and Ad Sales is a primary responsibility.
• Handling the day-to-day video production and output of MTV News video content across all social platforms
• Creating overall process and streamlined workflows for the video team to get a concept from development through post-production
• Ensuring video content is creatively and structurally optimized to live across platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories, YouTube and other platforms)
• Leading a team of producers, shooters, editors and other staffers to optimize content
• Collaborating with editorial directors on bringing ideas and franchises to life
• Developing the overall video strategy, optimizing for original content that regularly breaks the internet and a long-term video engagement growth plan
• Work strategically with Research to understand what video works – and what doesn’t
• Stay continually involved in all Product discussions, taking responsibility for how video content is published and seen by the audience
• 10 years experience in producing high caliber music and pop culture content
• 5 years experience leading creative teams
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience working across many different teams (including Editorial, Marketing, Video and others) to inform and produce content
• Advanced understanding of video production and post-production workflows
• A deep understanding of the MTV brand and a passion for creating innovative content for its audience
• A real passion for pop culture and trending news