Sr. Director, Production
This was removed by the employer on 3/5/2021 9:57:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Search for Sr. Director, Production jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all Sr. Director, Production postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Director, Production? We are seeking a seasoned production executive to join the team! This role reports directly to and supports the Senior Vice President and VP of Production. Responsibilities will include the following:
• Lead a diverse slate of channel programming initiatives across a broad range of formats and genres. Works with the SVP, production team, and other partners necessary to develop the strategy, process, and appropriate resources for show and event production.
• Lead, evolve and enhance internal and external relationships for efficient and effective productions across all departments. (Creative and Consumer Marketing, Coordinated Marketing, Digital Marketing, BALA, Finance, PRT, MML, S&P, Tech Ops, Post Ops, 3rd Party productions).
• Facilitate strong relationships with 3rd party production counterparts to invite collaboration and a working alliance to produce quality content. Assist in the management of the production team and resources with a particular focus on the development and successful implementation of standards and process. This includes but is not limited to team assignments, project timelines, budgets, reporting, establishing clear targets and goals, working with various department heads across multiple groups, vendors, contractors, and outside production companies.
• Support the health and growth of the department including providing positive and strong leadership, coaching, and mentoring for the production staff as well as monitor performance and results.
• Have keen oversight in the evaluation of all submitted budgets, production plans and cash flows. Weigh in during contractual negotiations to ensure the best deals and show structures possible based on their expertise on each genre. Provide guidance and partnership in projects and processes alongside creative colleagues to ensure that the creative vision is delivered and produced optimally while meeting all creative, operational, and financial targets.
• Partner with BALA and Finance to come up with creative solutions that benefit the bottom-line while still satisfying the Creative needs. Provide continuous and clear updates to Finance on project estimates and actuals as well as handling cash flow goals.
• 10 years of relevant experience in Production/Production Management at a Network, Studio or a Production Company with a skilled focus on Scripted Development & Production.
• Minimum of 7 years of management level experience.
• Budgeting expertise (including Move Magic Budgeting).
• Strong knowledge of Union/Guild contracts.
• Track record of working with 3rd party production company landscape and personnel.
• Ability to predict, but respond to changing priorities and lead the team on daily adjustments and help them pivot quickly to best support channel initiatives. Be a specialist in the field, be informed with industry trends and internal channel trends especially as they may influence or improve the best business practices with a focus on stellar production standards.
• Be a problem solver with impact on savings for each project and be able to present innovative ideas!
• Traits of diplomacy, and be an impactful communicator.
• Possess a high tolerance for a constantly changing environment, as well as, demonstrate the ability to be pro-active and a great teammate.
• Possess strong organizational and prioritization abilities.
• Work autonomously without daily oversight from the SVP on 3rd party productions as well as supervise and lead internal productions.
• Keep the SVP abreast of topline issues and have an understanding of issues that should be elevated
• Continually evaluate how we work and how we can be more efficient and evolve to meet company mandates and programming changes. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.