Senior Vice President, Research & Insights
MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The SVP of Research & Insights will be responsible for developing, executing, synthesizing, and leveraging research, analytics, and other sources of insight to inform the senior management of MTV, VH1 and CMT, including the President, and senior leadership in programming, development, press, marketing and scheduling. The ideal candidate is an extremely experienced Media Research professional with a deep knowledge of, and passion for media, entertainment and consumer insights. This person will synthesize insights from quantitative and qualitative data to provide expert guidance on brand/franchise performance and multi-platform viewing. Reporting to the Chief Research Officer, this individual will lead a team with varying levels of experience and be a true partner to the MTV, VH1 & CMT executive team.
• Help the networks strategize future growth; develop market and brand positioning; build powerful programming and scheduling strategies; and build Nielsen ratings.
• Understand, track, and feed back to the organization a holistic understanding of the audiences of MTV, VH1 and CMT, and the health of these brands.
• Turn business issues into the right research questions. Pursue and guide the best research approach through qualitative and quantitative consumer insights initiatives to drive excellent, impactful insights that move strategy forward and enable decision making at MTV, VH1 & CMT.
Have deep knowledge of and passion for the television and digital landscape, and be a representative of the consumer to the networks President and strategy team.
• Be the research insights and data partner to Marketing to provide relevant audience insights for positioning, targeting and engagement, creative development, media planning insights, pre-launch awareness/intent-to-view tracking and post launch effectiveness analysis of our key franchises.
• Design and deliver consumer and content insights to Content Development and production teams, and partner with them as their audience experts.
• Manage the pilot research process to help the team better predict performance.
• Work closely with the Press group on their messaging about show launch positioning in the media and performance highlights.
• Manage proprietary online research panels and vendor partners
• Analyze industry dynamics in order to formulate robust and timely strategic planning.
• Bring findings to life in innovative ways and communicate insights both internally and externally.
• Work hand-in-hand with the Programming team to maximize linear and multi-platform performance, as well as monetization of all content.
• Ensure delivery of meaningful in-person and written insights on programming trends, performance, the competitive landscape, and audience behavior to inform strategies.
• 10 years of related media research experience, including Audience, Marketing and Content Research
• Bachelor degree or higher
• Strong experience in qualitative research, such as focus groups, in-depth interviews, and other qualitative methods.
• Strong experience in quantitative research, including survey design and analysis
• Experience with audience targeting using a data management platform (ex. Adobe Audience Manager) a plus
• Able to synthesize data and insights from multiple sources to shape impactful insights and presentations.
• Experience and familiarity with Nielsen ratings data and Omniture metrics for reporting and analysis.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to enable interaction with a wide range of personalities/styles and establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
• The ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities effectively in a complex, fast-paced business environment.
• Strong capability to work with multiple stakeholders and peers, and to adapt communication and management style to achieve overall collaboration.
• High level of accuracy, and attention to detail, with strong analytic and project management abilities.
• Experience with leading and developing a team.
• Self-starter, highly proactive, and collaborative.