Senior Accountant, Ancillary Revenue
MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom Media Networks is the home of MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, VH1 and other ground breaking media properties.
As the Sr. Accountant, Ancillary Revenue you will be responsible for the accurate and timely accounting and reporting of Media Networks (“MN”) transactions related to Ancillary Revenue transactions specifically TV Syndication, Download to Own and the new Studio business. You will also have the opportunity to support some of Viacom's newest platforms and channels.
Reports to Manager – Ancillary Revenue, Controller’s Group
• Review and posting of ancillary revenue transactions produced by the Ancillary Center of Excellence and Ancillary Finance.
• Support Finance teams in accounting for the new Studio business, TV Syndication and Download to Own revenues. The Studio business support will include working across Controllership teams in Affiliate Revenue and Programming and Content related expenses.
• Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations associated with related revenue transactions.
• Preparation of quarterly rollforwards, key schedules, and required disclosures.
• Analyze and partner with Technical Accounting team on contractual terms for Revenue deals to understand and apply appropriate accounting treatment.
• Work directly with and serve as a liaison between Finance, Operational and Ancillary Center of Excellence teams.
• Assist Manager and Sr. Director with transfer of processes to Controller’s Group and shaping efficiencies across tasks.
• Assist with ad hoc management requests, including: interacting with auditors, preparing quarterly/yearly audit requests, special projects as they arise and other general departmental support.
• Ensure that all relevant key controls are in place and functioning properly in accordance with internal policies and procedures and Sarbanes Oxley rules and regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
• Minimum 2-3 years relevant work experience
• Strong working knowledge of general accounting principles, concepts and processes
• A great teammate who can work with and communicate with people at different levels within the organization
• Able to perform effective work load prioritization and management
• A self-starter who will take initiative and follow through
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to be thorough with attention to detail
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
• Prior Big Four experience a plus
• CPA (or equivalent) a plus
• Prior entertainment & media, revenue accounting experience a plus
• Experience in HFM, Longview and SAP a strong plus