MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom’s Product Design Team is looking for a talented Product Designer to join us in creating UX and UI design solutions for our Web product platform, including responsive Web experiences across our global brands: MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, more. You will also support and help define our growing design language system. In this role, you will be part of the larger Product Design team responsible for all digital products across the Global Multi-platform Product portfolio.
You should have a passion for user-centered design and problem solving that lends itself to the creation of beautiful and engaging experiences for our users. The day-to-day will be focused on developing solutions with Product, Engineering, and PMO in an agile environment, defining Shows, News, Events, and Video experiences.
This is an opportunity to create experiences seen by millions of people around the world.
• Translate concepts into visually elegant and user-friendly designs
• Follow and extend a Design Language System in the context of new experiences
• Define interaction and animation details
• Present design ideas and concepts to Design, Product and Engineering Teams, interpret feedback and define next step solutions
• Support a culture of experimentation by conceiving qualitative and quantitative user tests
• Create specs and other communication details to translate design decisions to Engineering teams
• A minimum of 3 years of industry experience in product design with a proven track record of success
• An online portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design solutions with strong visual and interaction design skills that includes but not limited to responsive websites
• The ability to construct polished, beautiful UI via Sketch, Photoshop, and InVision
• An understanding of the principles of a shared Design Language System
• Outstanding communication with Engineers to get designs from pixels to code
• The ability to articulate design concepts to various Stakeholders with confidence.
• Experience with working in an Agile Development Environment