Manager - Digital Pricing & Inventory
MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom Media Networks is the home of MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, VH1 and other cutting-edge media properties. Join us as a Manager in the Digital Operations (Pricing, Inventory and Delivery) group where you can help create the future of television, and grow your career in exciting new ways.
We’re looking for a versatile self-starter, who can fluently travel as a leader, between the worlds of spreadsheets, operations, sales, strategy and marketing - and seamlessly process challenges, lead people and string solutions across these points.
The Manager, Digital Pricing & Inventory will have the BET network as a primary focus: building and maintaining the inventory and revenue operations architecture and process sets that will drive growth, and partnering with the BET sales team, tech teams, programming teams and executives to ensure and continue that revenue growth.
The ideal candidate gets excited about finding new and better ways to achieve goals, makes everyone around them better, and loves the world of digital advertising and ad tech. This position will report to the VP, Digital Operations.
The Manager, Digital Pricing & Inventory will be responsible for the following:
• Primary leadership of the BET pricing and inventory function
• Oversight of deal structuring, deal approval and deal delivery or complex digital ad campaigns
• Analysis of digital advertising inventory; presentation of clear, accurate and finely tuned analysis of past and future inventory composition
• Optimize creation, packaging and pricing of digital ad products
• Create a track record of improved monetization of digital properties
• Be deeply immersed in the inventory and revenue data; fluent at translating and communicating the data to many different groups; quick to understand the implications in the data and to take action to resolve
• Develop accurate and detailed budget forecasts by working closely across business units to gather, process and project traffic, revenue, product and other data
• Partner with senior programming and brand team management to help manage campaign delivery, optimize ad unit performance, and execute pages with the ideal set of monetization and UX
• Work often and closely with sales teams and sales management to deliver against both the needs of the business and the marketplace
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 4-8 years of relevant experience
• Master’s degree
• People-management experience or leadership of large projects across teams
• Advanced level data and spreadsheet skills
• Finely tuned intrapersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams
• Ability to work across multiple senior teams to craft strategy and gain bun on important projects
• Strong team leadership skills
• The ability to navigate constantly changing business environments
• Highly curious intellect and an entrepreneurial mindset that drives progress
• Passion for digital media, numbers, data and leadership
• Strong internal customer-service skills