Coordinator, International Program Sales
MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The International Program Sales division of Viacom is responsible for the 3rd party sale of Viacom’s long form programming catalog (MTV, Comedy Central, VH1, Nickelodeon, BET, etc) to international television channels and programming services for exploitation via linear and VOD across various platforms. The sales team consists of 15 sales people stationed around the world with support staff located in New York, London and Miami.
Under supervision of Senior Director and Managers, the coordinator is responsible for all aspects of sales operational support for the International Program Sales client group.
• Vet IPS program license, digital and format deal memos for consistency and accuracy of deal terms (especially media rights);
• Input, maintain, and ensure the integrity of all terms for program licenses, intercompany licensees and amendments within the Viacom Rights Management System;
• Initiate, coordinate, track and maintain various reports (including, but not limited to, program rights, output deals, channel blocks, format, residuals, sales, status, tracking, etc) and keep such reports up to date and present;
• Work on various ad-hoc projects to enhance processes and procedures thereby improving operational workflows;
• Research and resolve all sales and/or client requests and issues (including, but not limited to, expired programming, credit approvals, on-demand invoices, digital term approvals, delivery, and marketing, financial discrepancies);
• Initiate communications, internally and externally, via calls, emails, and meetings to effectuate processing of day-to-day business and other types of client service;
• Work with content management teams to ensure delivery of all licensed content (tapes, digital files, format bibles, marketing materials, meta-data (scripts, cue sheets) etc.); and
• Work closely with Finance, Credit, Accounts Receivable and Marketing teams to ensure IPS deadlines (daily, monthly quarterly, yearly) are met.
• College degree.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Preferably 1-2 years of experience in an administrative capacity preferable at a media company.
• Bilingual preferred but not a requirement.
• External communications will be worldwide.
• Excellent communication, administrative, and organizational skills
• Data driven, detail oriented, ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous responsibilities; strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with internal personnel and external contacts.
• Requires an ability to work in demanding, multicultural client groups, flexibility to adapt to a work schedule that accommodates multiple cultures, time zones, and territories, including the ability to be a fast learner of multiple foreign customs and regulations.
• Position will be keen ability to understand and re-assess on a constant basis the day, week, and year’s priorities, and handle matters accordingly as well as the ability to work in a team and communicate priorities and needs internally as well as externally. Client-first attitude and ability to be service oriented.