Motive CreativeLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Assistant Controller jobs in Los Angeles-CA
CORPORATE ASSISTANT CONTROLLER
Motive Creative, an award winning entertainment marketing agency, seeks a dynamic and
experienced professional to run all day-to-day controllership functions of the Company. The
Controller will report to the owner and will work across all departments in the Company,
liaise with Motive's accounting and finance partners both internal and external, and interact
with Motive's executive leadership to fulfill various analyses and requests.
+ RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Managing all general ledger, subledger, and project accounting maintenance and
- Internal reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Oversee bookkeeper and all traditional accounting functions such as billing,
collections, sales commissions, accounts payable and accrued expenses, payroll, etc.
- Job costing and other analysis - overseeing various accounting and job performance
information platforms and developing and interpreting job costing analysis reports.
- Liaising with all external accountants for accurate return compliance, and maximizing
efficiency and outcomes of tax, as well as with attorneys.
- Overseeing and enforcing all accounting policies and procedures, including memo and
narrative preparation, position papers, and documentation support, and for developing
and maintaining an enterprise manual for consistent accounting treatment and
- Forecasting the company's cash flow and managing treasury activity, including
working capital, as well as being primary contact with financial institutions in all
aspects of banking and lending requirements.
+ YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO...
- Aspires for continuous improvement
- Strives to figure out and implement best practices
- Can think big but also dive deep
- Can fill gaps where needed and run into open field
- Can identify needs, improvements, and risks and develop related solutions, procedures
- Can implement, train and refine on-the-go: follow up, assign responsibility,
monitor/oversee and document
- Tackles special projects between the busy periods
+ YOU MUST HAVE...
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Certified public accountant or chartered accountant certification
- 10+ years of controllership experience
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability and confidence with the ability to motivate staff
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem solving skills
+ WE WILL...
- Enable you to make a difference and work in an inclusive culture
- Offer you a hybrid office + remote work schedule
- Offer you competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, and 401K
- Encourage you to recharge your batteries; generous time off policy, additional sick &
personal time and 10 paid holidays
- Support you like family as part of our playful team
At Motive Creative, we work hard and are committed to building a diverse team, fostering an
inclusive culture, and investing in equity across our organization. Together, with our different
perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds, our people are successful in jobs and are better able to
address the needs of our customers.?