Manager - Receivables & Collections
MiramaxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Receivables and Collections is responsible for all revenue billing and collection activities at Miramax with the goal of maximizing cash collections, as well as assisting with contracts related analysis and reporting. Responsibilities include ensuring that all invoices are billed and collected on a timely basis, accounts receivable are consistently managed, and perform credit reviews as required. The position also manages the activities of three A/R analysts and a licensing agent.
• Review deal memos/agreements to identify risks in payment terms, credit issues, or other concerns regarding payment, and coordinate with sales to mitigate issues
• Manage full invoicing and collection process
• Analyze incoming statements from licensees for business and accounting issues and respond to licensees with questions. Proactively reach out for reports and cash receipts as required
• Collaborate with the revenue accounting team to ensure revenue is properly recorded
• Maintain positive relationship with licensees including an understanding of key licensees’ payables requirements to ensure cash is received as required
• Strong understanding of the nature of international tax issues
• Team with Financial Planning and Accounting on annual budgeting process
• Manage financial close process for the receivables group
• Work with internal and external clients to ensure Miramax is licensing appropriately in order to reduce withholding taxes; manage the administrative requirements of jurisdictions to ensure reduced withholding taxes are obtained
• Lead systems improvement work for invoicing and cash collection processes
• Liaise with internal sales departments, legal and business affairs, as well as external auditors and tax advisors as required.
• Ad hoc analysis as required.
The experience and qualifications for the A/R and Collections Manager includes:
• BA or BS with emphasis in Accounting, Finance, or related studies
• Strong ability to read and interpret complex contracts in financial terms
• 5 years’ experience in receivables/revenue/licensing environment, ideally at an entertainment company.
• Excellent understanding of receivables and collections processes.
• Excellent Excel and analytical skills.
• Systems experience, including ideally experience with rights management systems and SAP.
• Proactive approach to work, attention to detail, initiative and enthusiasm.