Social Responsibility Assistant
Minnesota TimberwolvesMinneapolis, MN
Part Time Job
Job Title: Social Responsibility Assistant
Department: Social Responsibility
Reports to: Manager of Social Responsibility
FLSA Status: Part Time/Non-Exempt/Temporary
Date Modified: 9/19/2018
Position Summary/Objective: The Social Responsibility Assistant will assist members of the Timberwolves & Lynx Social Responsibility department and work closely on the day-to-day operations, strategies and objectives of the department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
• Support Social Responsibility team during each Timberwolves home game by prepping for game nights, facilitating bench sits and escorting special guests.
• Facilitate community event photo archive and Social Responsibility honoree thank you processes.
• Assist with Tickets for Kids and Starting Five reading program.
• Facilitate monthly in-kind donation and Fan Mail mailings.
• Prepare and help execute community events.
• Serve as an ambassador to community non-profits and Foundation contacts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
1. Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
2. Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is preferred.
3. Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
4. Ability to work well on a team and independently.
5. Ability to manage specific processes and tasks in the department under supervision.
Experience: Experience working in social responsibility, community engagement and/or volunteer or event experience is preferred.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Knowledge of Social Responsibility practices in sports industry is preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. In addition to working part time office hours staff may be required to work Timberwolves and Lynx home games as well as external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is both active and sedentary in nature, and the working environment is favorable. Work may be performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available, as well as at external events. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps as well as moderate to high levels of noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently sit, stand, walk, and ascend and descend bleachers/steps in the arena. Staff may occasionally move boxes of merchandise weighing up to 30 pounds.
Position will require travel to external community events.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
We participate in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot prove this, we will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before any action might be taken against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
• Are you comfortable working for $11.25/hour?
• Are you able to commit to working part-time hours for the entire length of the Timberwolves season (October-April)?