Motion Graphics Animator
Minnesota TimberwolvesMinneapolis, MN
Full Time Job
Job Title: Motion Graphics Animator
Department: Digital Content
Reports to: Manager - Motion Graphics Animation
FLSA Status: Full Time/Exempt/Regular
Date Modified: 6/28/2018
Summary/Objective: This position works within Digital Content to create compelling graphics and animations for use on web and social channels. This position also works hand in hand with our Marketing and Partnership departments to create motion graphics used as sponsorship assets on social, social and digital signage advertisements and television advertisements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
1. Conceptualize, design and animate 2D and 3D graphics used for web and social video.
2. Using brand guides developed in marketing, design compelling visual animations for social advertisements and digital signage.
3. Work with Partnership Activation to create sponsorship element videos.
4. Create artistic illustrations and graphics for use on social channels
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
1. Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
2. Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is preferred.
3. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Cinema 4D.
4. Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
5. Ability to work well on a team and independently.
6. Ability to manage specific processes and tasks in the department.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Experience:Minimum two (2) years of motion graphics experience at a production facility or media company.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibility
This job operates in a professional office environment. In addition to working office hours staff may work some Timberwolves and Lynx home games as well as external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is both sedentary and active in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Office lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available, and will also operate in a sports arena which includes bleachers/steps and moderate noise levels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move boxes or other items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Position may require travel.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
We participate in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot prove this, we will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before any action might be taken against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
• Please list a link to your portfolio.