Membership Service Game Night Assistant
Minnesota TimberwolvesMinneapolis, MN
Part Time Job
Job Title: Membership Service Game Night Assistant
Department: Membership Services
Reports to: Director of Membership Service
Position Type: Part Time/Non Exempt/Seasonal
Date Modified: 8/21/2018
Position Summary/Objective: The Membership Service Assistant is responsible for assisting the Membership Service team with programs and events for members on Timberwolves home game nights.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
1. Assist Membership Services department with all member events/programs.
2. Help with game night Touch Points.
3. Staff the Member VIP Door.
4. Staff the Membership Lounge at Timberwolves home games.
5. Assist with implementation of ticket promotions, rewards and redemptions.
6. Interact with fans, field questions, and provide excellent customer service.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
1. Provide exceptional customer service to members and staff.
2. Ability to handle guest needs and questions efficiently and professionally.
3. Ability to learn quickly on the job, and work in fast paced environment.
4. Ability to work well on a team and independently.
5. Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
Experience: Previous customer service experience is preferred.
Pursuit of bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: None.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibility
This job operates during Timberwolves and Lynx home games. Work is both sedentary and active in nature. The position operates out of an administrative office and a sports arena. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by dust, etc. The noise level is loud during events. During events work is generally performed on the main court, around the concourse and bleachers/steps, as well as in an office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. The employee may remain in stationary position for periods of time and is frequently required to ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse quickly around the arena on event days and potentially non-event days. Staff will frequently move boxes and equipment each game night weighing up to 30 pounds.
Position may require limited travel to external events.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
• Are you comfortable working for $11.25/hour?
• Are you able to commit to working part-time hours for the entire length of the Timberwolves season (October-April)?