Mascot Assistant - Part Time
Minnesota TimberwolvesMinneapolis, MN
Part Time Job
Department: Live Programming & Entertainment
Reports to: Mascot Supervisor
Position Type: Part Time/Non Exempt/Seasonal
The individual in this position will support the mascot at home games and external appearances on a rotation schedule.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions
• Serve as mascot assistant at home games and off-site appearances
• Execute on pre-game and in-game mascot activities
• Set up and tear down of all mascot equipment
• Adhere to mascot program rules and policies
• Provide assistance with the growth of the mascot program
• Provide assistance to mascot supervisor in development of skits and related promotions
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other:
• Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to work well on a team and independently.
• Ability to manage specific processes and tasks in the department under supervision.
• Ability to speak comfortably in front of large crowds.
High school diploma/G.E.D. or equivalent experience preferred.
Experience in game presentation and/or live programming is preferred. This individual should have extensive customer service experience.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility
The working environment is generally favorable, but may work in excessive heat or cold and under stressful condition. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps. The duties of this position are performed indoors and outdoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud to during events and minimal during non-events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena to interact and entertain clients/fans. Staff will move boxes and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. This individual may also perform stunts, including jumping, running, climbing etc.
Position requires travel to external company events and promotions.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
• Are you comfortable working for $10.00/hour?