Inside Sales Associate
Minnesota TimberwolvesMinneapolis, MN
Full Time Job
Job Title: Inside Sales Associate
Department: Inside Sales
Reports to: Director of Membership Sales
FLSA Status: Full Time/Temporary/Non-Exempt
Date Modified: 12/8/2017
Position Summary/Objective: The primary focus of this position is to develop and nurture client relationships in Minneapolis/St. Paul and surrounding areas with the focus on selling Full and Partial Season Ticket Inventory for the Minnesota Timberwolves and Minnesota Lynx.
Our Inside Sales program is centered on hiring, training, and developing the next superstars on the business side of sports. As a leadership team, were committed to the process of developing our sales executives on both a personal and professional level, while exposing our staff to the most comprehensive training regimen in all of sports.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
1. Sell a full menu of ticket products for the Minnesota Timberwolves & Lynx including, but not limited to full and partial season memberships, group tickets, and premium seating.
2. Meet weekly hustle metrics as outlined by the Manager of Inside Sales.
3. Conduct face to face appointments at the Target Center, and out of office meetings to assist in closing new business, while developing business relationships.
4. Meet and exceed weekly and monthly sales goals.
5. Cordially and effectively handle incoming sales calls from prospective clients for all ticket sales products.
6. Provide excellent customer service by creating unique touch points, promptly responding to requests or communications, and establishing a dynamic relationship with all customers.
7. Document all communication with clients in CRM.
8. Work various Minnesota Timberwolves events and games as assigned to support ticket sales efforts and promotional initiatives.
9. Participate in educational opportunities on Timberwolves and Lynx product offerings, pricing and sales strategies, as well as market trends and industry best practices.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
1. Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
2. Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is preferred.
3. Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
4. Ability to work well on a team and independently.
5. Ability to manage specific processes and tasks in the department under supervision.
6. Knowledge of CRM and Archtics is preferred.
Experience: Previous sales experience is preferred.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Knowledge of (and/or) experience working in sports at the professional, minor league or collegiate level is preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. Office hours are typically Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM-5:30PM. In addition to working office hours staff are required to work Timberwolves and Lynx home games, in addition to external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move boxes of merchandise/ rewards for members weighing up to 20 pounds.
Position may require some travel to meet prospects or ticket members.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
We participate in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot prove this, we will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before any action might be taken against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
• When are you able to start working full time hours?
• Why do you want to work in sports sales?
• How do you define being a professional?
• Are you comfortable working for $12.25/hour?