Group Events Associate
Minnesota TimberwolvesMinneapolis, MN
Full Time Job
Job Title: Group Events Associate
Department: Group Events
Reports to: Group Experience Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Non-Exempt/Temporary
Date Modified: 10/3/2017
Position Summary/Objective: The Group Events Associate provides administrative support for the Group Events department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
1. Support department by assisting with coordination of special events and fan experience programs.
2. Assist fulfillment of group events fan experiences, ticket promotions, and redemptions at Timberwolves games.
3. Provide customer service for all Timberwolves program offers.
4. Interact with fans, field questions, and provide excellent customer service.
5. Assist Group Experience Manager and group events team with miscellaneous administrative tasks, initiatives, and promotions.
The above essential functions are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
1. Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
2. Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
3. Ability to manage specific tasks in the department under supervision.
4. Ability to work well on a team and independently.
5. Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
Experience: Customer service experience is preferred.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. Office hours are typically Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM-5:00PM. In addition to working office hours staff are required to work Timberwolves and Lynx home games as well as external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps as well as moderate to high levels of noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move boxes of merchandise weighing up to 30 pounds.
Position may require infrequent travel to external events.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
• Are you comfortable working for $11.25/hour?