IT Project Manager
Milwaukee BucksMilwaukee, WI
Full Time Job
The Project Manager will maintain the organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting operational project and event plans. The new WESC Arena in Milwaukee plans to have several events per week. These events entail technology set-up, operation, and tear-down tasks. The Arena itself has a large technology footprint with a full time staff. The Project Manager will be responsible for creating detailed repeatable operational plans and strategic IT plans and managing the execution of these plans by technology staff.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting repeatable plans for implementing information technologies at the WESC Arena venue and other related Milwaukee Bucks facilities.
• Work with the Technology Director to accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements and scheduled expenditures supporting event and general IT work.
• Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress. Work in collaboration with upper management and event entertainers on the definition of project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate verification techniques and maintaining comprehensive project documentation.
• Recommends strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organizational outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements.
• Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks. Reports and escalates to management as needed.
• Coordinates resources and timetables within the technology department, technology areas, and 3rd parties/vendors for flawless execution. Verifies outcomes by conducting system audits of technologies implemented to attain and maintain a best practice environment.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• A minimum education level of: Associates of Arts/Sciences Degree (2-year) in Information System, Computer Engineering, or a related technical area OR a Technology Certification.
• Project management certification – PMP or similar.
• Expert understanding and experience using Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Office Suite or similar applications.
• Experience in a technical position in a facility/enterprise with standard network and server protocols (Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP).
• Experience with work breakdown schedules, Gant charts, critical path management.
• Experience utilizing proven methodologies such as Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, RACI, swim lanes etc.
• Experience with report writing and creating user documentation and/or specifications, etc.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, include time management and multitasking.
• Excellent written, verbal, listening, and communication skills.
• Able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?