Intern - Group Sales
Milwaukee BucksMilwaukee, WI
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Position Timeline: Late August 2018 – Late May 2019
Hours: 20 hours per week with the possibility of additional hours based on the Bucks game schedule and group events/projects
This position is responsible for assisting with the coordination and facilitation of Group Sales programs/events, with the purpose of increasing group ticket revenue and enhancing the customer experience.
• In-Office Duties
• Account creation and order processing
o Follow-up phone calls
• Create flyers and online offers
• Prospecting for sales leads and group programs
• Assist with the updating of contact management system (CRM)
• Run data-based reports
• Other assigned tasks
• Game Day / Special Event Duties
• Lead the execution of Fan Experiences at games, which includes escorting youth courtside to stand by players for the Anthem, perform a routine on the court, sit on the bench at halftime, etc.
• Serve as a reliable resource for the Group Event Manager in overseeing staff
• Work with Group Event Manager to analyze and create best processes for the execution of our fan experiences at a new arena
• Assist with the preparation and execution of special events, which includes afternoon events at the arena (ie- Prep Series, educational days, etc.) and non-game day events (ie- Dance Competition, fitness classes at the Training Center, etc.)
• Education Requirement:
• Must be a high school graduate.
• Must be a current college/university student pursuing a graduate or post-graduate degree.
• Must be a junior or senior if pursuing a bachelor's degree.
• List any necessary experience required to perform the job
• Competent in Microsoft Office (ie- Word and Excel)
• Must have strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Independent worker that follows instructions and pays attention to details
• Must be eager to learn and grow professional experience
• Must dress and act in a professional manner
• Comfortable speaking in front of and directing large groups
• Able to lift at least 25 lbs
• Flexible schedule to work week nights, weekends, and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?