Intern - Communications
Milwaukee BucksOshkosh, WI
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Wisconsin Herd is seeking a motivated, sports-minded student to support communications and community relations functions in conjunction with the Wisconsin Herd's season. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and hardworking with superior communications skills. Previous sports experience is not required, but is a plus. Communications interns will divide time between office hours and game functions.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Write and edit various team-related documents including Game Notes, press releases, game stories, etc.
• Maintain positive relationships with the media.
• Help implement the Wisconsin Herd's community relations programs including orchestrating visits/appearances, fulfilling donation requests, hosting game night guests, etc.
• Create content for the team's social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, etc.) including:
• Capture and share unique, behind-the-scenes photos and videos.
• Write and post original captions, tweets, etc.
• Monitor and reply to fan comments, messages, questions, etc.
• Support the team's digital communication efforts including writing newsletter copy and assisting with web updates.
• Basic office duties and other responsibilities as assigned.
• Must be a current student
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
• Capacity to think creatively and contribute new ideas
• Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of responsibilities
• Ability to think and react quickly and appropriately to unpredictable situations
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computer skills
• Design skills, including experience with Adobe Photoshop, are a plus
• Ability to work all Wisconsin Herd home games, including weekends and holidays
• Knowledge of and passion for basketball preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?