Milwaukee BucksMilwaukee, WI
Full Time Job
Title: Event Coordinator
Class: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: Arena & Practice Facility
Arena Inc. Mission Statement: Our mission is to become the most successful and respected sports and entertainment company in the world.
Position Summary: The Event Coordinator will oversee all event operational matters for meetings and special events assigned. This position will work alongside the Event Manager. This individual is responsible for creating and fostering an efficient, productive, and consistent working relationship among all arena departments in order to ensure operational excellence.
• Serves as the interface between the facility and its clients, ensuring all elements of clients' events are thoroughly vetted among the departments while insuring adherence to all appropriate regulations and policies.
• Manage event specifics with all departments and vendors, clearly describing the clients' objectives, and planning details regarding schedules, staffing, equipment rentals, to all departments by utilizing all necessary internal resources to ensure events are properly set up, operated, and closed out.
• Working with clients to understand their needs, working with internal staff to develop detailed event plans and issue contracts. Manage event specifics with all departments and vendors, clearly communicating the clients' objectives and planning details regarding schedules, staffing, equipment rentals, etc.
• Creates and distribute detailed event data sheets prior to all events assigned.
• Ensure that the equipment, physical set-up and personnel provided meet the requirements of the event and the tenant's contractual agreement.
• Supervises event load-ins/load-outs as assigned.
• Serve as a liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
• Prepare all event related estimates and final cost tracking.
• Prepare detailed post event notes to provide insight into future event operations.
• Anticipate problems and appropriate solutions. Investigates, analyzes and resolves operational problems and complaints.
• Assist Event Manager on event day tasks.
• Oversee internal meetings, corporate events and VIP parties for concerts and other events as assigned,
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements:This position requires a seasoned professional with energy, passion entrepreneurial spirit and the following:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred.
• Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a venue or high volume customer service industry.
• Work irregular schedule to insure proper supervision of all events as described above and activities scheduled in the facility, as required. Work time periods (in addition to daytime periods) include approximately one hundred events per year that occur on nights, weekends and holidays.
• Strong project management and organizational skills in which attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects on time and within budget.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to navigate organizations in order to build relationships and garner support; ability to work collaboratively with cross functional work teams and to establish rapport with others; strong teamwork and synergy skills required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Must be proficient in MS Office (Excel, PP, Work), and MS Outlook. Experience with CAD is preferred.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Position will be evaluated on organization skills and his/her attention to detail.
• Ability to work with a client from the moment their event is booked, through the set-up, event, and post-event milestones.
• Ability to work with co-workers, communicate information in an appropriate manner and successfully accomplish our goal of being the most successful and respected Sports and Entertainment Company in the world.
• How did you hear about this job?
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.