Development Operations Engineer
Milwaukee BrewersMilwaukee, WI
Full Time Job
The Development Operations Engineer will work closely with the Senior Systems Administrator and Senior Developer to manage the Brewers cloud and DevOps systems. This individual will be responsible for collecting requirements, automating deployments, maintaining and securing systems, monitoring and logging all connections from various sources as well as preparing documentation. The ideal candidate is an experienced software and DevOps Engineer who excels at automating and optimizing cloud systems, with a strong preference for .NET and AWS cloud experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Build, maintain, and scale cloud infrastructure for Production, Quality Assurance, and Development environments
• Develop and maintain Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems
• Design, implement, and execute security standards and share best practices
• Identify, design, and implement process improvements
• Monitor AWS maintenance and outages, assess impact, and develop strategies to minimize impact
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Experience with:
• all aspects of DevOps (source control, continuous integration, deployments, etc.)
• CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, and Bamboo
• relational databases such as SQL Server or PostgreSQL
• SQL, including writing and maintaining queries
• SDLC, especially Agile or Kanban concepts
• AWS PaaS/FaaS services
• Linux OS and Windows Server support
• Programming languages .NET, Java and/or C
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, focused in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field; and five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
The skills listed below will help an individual perform the job, however they are not all required.
• Experience with Puppet, Chef, Docker or other containerization technologies
• Excellent technology troubleshooting skills
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Web technologies like Apache, Tomcat, IIS and others
• Programming skills such as VB.NET and/or C#.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation.
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Travel to our spring training facility in Arizona may be required.
Business hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5pm, however, additional hours may be required on weekends, evenings and some holidays.