Touring Master Electrician - American Girl Live
Mills EntertainmentNew York, NY
Mills Entertainment is looking for a NYC based Touring Master Electrician for our upcoming production of American Girl Live.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in pre-production, production, and advance calls, as needed; determining when lighting substitutions and/or cuts can be made on a venue to venue basis.
• Assist the A1 and Head Deck during load-in and load-out to ensure all touring equipment is safely and efficiently loaded on and off the truck.
• Run the light board and call spot cues during performances.
• Supervise and direct local lighting crew throughout lighting load-in, focus, and strike.
• Maintain all tour lighting equipment, including basic maintenance and troubleshooting on moving fixtures, LED's, and console when necessary.
• Maintain a log of all maintenance and troubleshooting done on equipment while on the road to be shared and discussed with tour's Production Manager.
• Program and maintain show files on a venue to venue basis as needed, including adjusting levels and timing to fit within a venue's parameters.
• Participate in weekly Production meetings and general tour check-ins.
• Lend assistance to other departments when available.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Proficient at programming, operating, and troubleshooting on an ETC Ion.
• Competent with the set-up, operation, and troubleshooting of moving fixtures.
• Competent with the set-up, operation, and troubleshooting of various LED fixtures.
• Experience calling spot operator cues.
• Astute attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with others.
• Able to manage multiple projects at once, and operate in line with proven systems.
• Must be able to solve problems as and when they may arise.
• Strong organizational and adaptability skills.
• Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure.
• Experience working in a dynamic, high-energy environment with a demanding workload.
• Prior experience calling a lighting focus.
• Prior experience in providing general direction to a crew.
• Have a valid driver's license and the ability to pass a background test.
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates based in or near NYC.
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates with related touring experience of 2 years or more.
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates with a background in musical theatre.
Additional Information: Position runs from December to June with potential layoffs during that time. This is a touring position that will require driving. Weekly rate is $780.00. Travel, accommodations, and per-diem are provided.
$780 per week plus per-diem