Touring Head Carpenter/Props - American Girl Live
Mills EntertainmentNew York, NY
Mills Entertainment is looking for a Touring Head Deck/Carpenter/Props for our upcoming production of American Girl Live.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in pre-production, production, and advance calls, as needed.
• Assist the Stage Manager in the rehearsal process and creation of documentation for run of show.
• Supervise and direct local carpentry crew and participate in scenic build and strike, ensuring a safe working space on deck throughout tours stay
• Participate in and direct/supervise local props crew during load-in and load-out
• Maintain touring scenic elements as needed, including but not limited to paint touch-ups and hardware replacements
• Maintain and manage production props, including but not limited to paint touch-ups,
replacements and repairs
• Preset and track props throughout the show
• Run the deck during performances
• Execute and advise on solutions for repairs to props.
• Call the truck pack for production elements.
• Maintain a log of all maintenance and troubleshooting done on scenic elements and equipment while on the road, to be shared and discussed during production meetings
• Participate in weekly Production meetings and general tour check-ins
• Lend assistance to other departments when available
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Must be based in or near NYC, with easy access to Manhattan for rehearsals.
• Must be proficient as a carpenter.
• Experience with rigging techniques.
• Organized and able to assist stage manager with creating paperwork for deck tracks.
• Experience working with and supervising a local crew under union regulations.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be self-motivated and have strong leadership skills.
• Astute attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with others.
• Able to manage multiple projects at once, and operate in line with proven systems.
• Must be able to solve problems as and when they may arise.
• Strong organizational and adaptability skills.
• Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure.
• Experience working in a dynamic, high-energy environment with a demanding workload.
• Have a valid driver's license and the ability to pass a background test.
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates based in or near NYC.
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates with related touring experience of 2 years or more.
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates with a background in musical theatre.
Additional Information: Position runs from November to June with potential layoffs during that time. This is a touring position that will require driving. Weekly rate is $825.00. Travel, accommodations, and per-diem are provided.
$825 per week plus per-diem