Player Relations & Spanish Media Liaison
Miami MarlinsMiami, FL
This was removed by the employer on 10/22/2018 10:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Player Relations & Spanish Media Liaison jobs in Miami-FL
Search all Player Relations & Spanish Media Liaison postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Player Relations & Spanish Media Liaison? Position Summary:
Coordinates all player and uniformed personnel non-media appearance requests. Serves as primary Spanish-language translator and liaison between local, national and international media and Spanish-speaking Major League players. Additionally, serve as a contact for Spanish-language baseball media, and assist Spanish-language media and broadcast partners with requests for research and materials during games.
• Serve as the main liaison with the Marlins Clubhouse and uniformed personnel as it relates to non-media requests from all other departments in the organization, includes executing all appearances by Marlins uniformed personnel on site as well as community and sponsor events away from Marlins Park;
• Coordinate the involvement of players and coaches in pre-game activities with the Marketing department;
• Foster a positive relationship with Clubhouse players and staff;
• Engage players in developing personalized community-oriented programs that are in line with their passions and interests; includes working closely with the Community Outreach Department and the Marlins Foundation.
Spanish Media Liaison
• Serve as translator for all Spanish-speaking players and staff, as needed, during Major League spring training, regular season and postseason.
• Attend all major league spring training, regular season and postseason games, both home and away.
• Review and analyze Club's official Spanish-language website and press information for content, accuracy, information.
• Assist in coordinating Spanish-language interview requests from local, national and international media including radio, television, newspapers and magazines.
, Requirements, & Job/Position Responsibilities:
• Must have strong interpersonal, verbal and organizational skills.
• Bilingual: English and Spanish, written and oral, for media communications.
• Must possess strong desktop ability.
• Ability to work long hours, weekends and all 162 games.
Suggested Education & Experience Guidelines:
• Bachelors Degree with emphasis in Journalism, Business Administration and/or Sports Management is strongly recommended.
• Experience working with electronic and print media.
• Experience conducting press conferences, interviewing on both television and radio.
• Must have strong interpersonal, verbal and organizational skills (English & Spanish).
• Medical PPO/Dental PPO/Life/Disability Insurance
• Vacation and personal paid time off
• 401K plan plus employer matching
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job? This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.