Manager, Ticket Operations
Miami MarlinsMiami, FL
Full Time Job
This candidate will be an energetic ticketing professional that will be charged with assisting implementation and execution of ticket operations for the Miami Marlins and Marlins Park events. The main focus is on staff management including hiring, scheduling and training of event staff. This position supports the Partnerships, Marketing and Broadcasting Departments with their ticketing needs. This position will possess complete working knowledge of the industry standards and will be forward-thinking and open-minded.
• Assist Director of Ticket Operations in all facets of the Ticket Operations Department including inventory control for baseball, concerts and all non-baseball events.
• Assist in renewal process for season tickets including invoicing, inventory management, printing and distribution of all season ticket plans.
• Work closely with ticket sales, partnerships, broadcasting and marketing departments.
• Build and maintain all types of events on the Tickets.com ProVenue ticketing system as assigned.
• Secondary contact with Tickets.com in regards to maintaining operations of the ProVenue ticketing system.
• Manage staff at sales/will call windows on event days and non-event days.
• Training & scheduling of event staff, coordinators and interns.
• Brief event staff to ensure they are aware of all individual game promotions.
• Assist Director of Ticket Operations with the hiring of part-time and event ticket operations staff.
• Coordination and execution of ticket sales and delivery through all channels.
• Tracking and reconciliation of ticket sales and maintenance of all auditing procedures.
• Maintaining a complete working knowledge of league ticketing requirements.
• Maintaining a high level of working knowledge of ticketing industry best practices.
• Manage, update and trouble-shoot barcoding system and GiveEx loaded value system.
• All pre-event checklists that pertain to ticket operations.
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Superior interpersonal skills as it relates to co-workers and customers alike.
• Ability to work extended hours and/or weekends as required by event scheduling.
• Strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, extensive customer service skills.
• Strong ability to adapt to changes, work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results in a fast paced environment.
• Proficient with various computer software, especially the ProVenue ticketing software and excel.
• Focus on customer service with at least five years ticket operations experience preferred.
• Able to work independently and as an effective team member.
• Demonstrate leadership in managing people and customers.
• Strong oral and written communication, execution and analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
• Ability to motivate and maintain effective working relationships with staff and partners.
• Results oriented.
Suggested Education & Experience Guidelines:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as Manager, Ticket Operations or Manager in a related or similar ticketing environment.
• Medical PPO/Dental PPO/Life/Disability Insurance
• Vacation and personal paid time off
• 401K plan plus employer matching
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?