Miami HeatMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Description of the Position: The Miami HEAT are looking for a Basketball Researcher who is responsible for conducting data science aimed at creating inferential and predictive models that reveal actionable insights that influence on-court performance. Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work closely with various organizational stakeholders to understand requirements to ensure that data science projects fulfill the evolving needs of the team.
• Manipulate data from various sources using advanced data engineering techniques.
• Apply advanced analytic techniques such as machine learning, statistics, deep learning, mathematical models, and algorithms in production environments.
• Provide ad-hoc analysis that aids in both short and long-term decision-making.
• Work with the data platform services team to transform prescriptive and predictive models into production-grade software.
Passion for basketball and knowledge of modern basketball research. Advanced degree in computer science, data science, statistics, economics, finance, mathematics, engineering, or other quantitative field. 3 years of relevant experience and track record of leveraging data to drive significant impact. Familiarity with data visualization and BI tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc) a plus. Proficient in at least 1 programming language (Python, R, etc.), and database language (SQL). Adherence to fundamental software engineering principles (code modularization, versioning, etc.). Ability to work on tight timelines acknowledging shifting work priorities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender/gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. EOE & DFWP
• How did you hear about this job?
• (Yes/No) Do you have machine learning experience using Python or R?