Miami HeatMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Description of the Position: The Basketball Analyst will lead the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive basketball operations decisions; Work with end users to ensure user acceptance testing and a complete delivery of reporting / analysis solutions; Coordinate and provide on-going staff training on the BI visualization platform to ensure internal user adoption and retention.
Bachelor's Degree required with emphasis in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance or Computer Science preferred; master's degree or MBA preferred. 2 years of working experience preferred.
• Advanced experience using and administrating a Business Intelligence visualization tool / server (Tableau or Power BI preferred)
• Strong understanding and experience in visualization & dashboard development best practices
• Strong SQL knowledge with experience in data mining techniques and understanding of core data warehousing & database terminology.
• Ability to learn emerging technologies, and quickly adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Passion for basketball and knowledge of modern basketball research.
• Portfolio of previous work projects
• Experience using MDX / DAX within Power BI
• Knowledge of statistics and familiarity with R and/or Python
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender/gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. EOE & DFWP
• How did you hear about this job?
• (Yes/No) Do you have significant experience with both SQL and an enterprise visualization tool (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)?