Vice President, Research & Analysis
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
The Vice President, Research & Analysis develops, directs and delivers actionable and timely programming, marketing, digital and industry research, analyses and reports to provide expert guidance on network performance and viewing across multiple platforms and to facilitate the development of growth initiatives across EPIX's channels and platforms. This individual is responsible for identifying EPIX's research needs and priorities based on the company's operating objectives and an in-depth understanding of the pay TV landscape and digital content marketplace. The VP, Research & Analysis will support senior management and internal business partners by executing high-quality consumer research studies, tracking viewer engagement, providing market and competitive analyses and disseminating strategic insights and fact-based knowledge to ensure that the EPIX story is effectively communicated to key constituents.
• Track and report engagement and viewership across all EPIX platforms – linear TV, EPIX on Demand and EPIX.com/EPIX apps, as well as on social media – using a variety of internal and syndicated data sources
• Create and implement a thoughtful consumer research and analysis plan with company-wide relevance utilizing a wide array of quantitative and qualitative research techniques including brand measurement and user segmentation studies, program positioning and promotion testing, marketing and promotional campaign performance analysis, marketplace intelligence and database mining
• Conduct research and analytical projects to identify and understand key drivers influencing movie and original programming viewership, subscriber acquisition and retention and multiplatform usage
• Analyze and interpret data from various sources including custom surveys, discussion groups and online panels plus secondary research to recognize and monitor consumer, marketplace and technology trends that affect EPIX performance
• Manage ongoing reports and proactively communicate compelling findings and meaningful recommendations to senior management and programming and scheduling, sales and marketing, digital, corporate communications and public relations, creative services and finance departments
• Develop presentations and summaries for senior management to support key EPIX communications
• Contribute to other MGM Research projects as requested
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Dynamic researcher with a proven record of designing and implementing a variety of primary research studies and tracking consumer, industry, competitor and technology trends
• Demonstrated skills in strategic thinking, problem-solving and data integration and interpretation
• Deep understanding of the media and entertainment industries, including multichannel video, premium TV, video on demand, digital video subscription and streaming services
• Hands-on experience with audience measurement and digital tracking methodologies
• Comprehensive knowledge of media and entertainment and digital industry data sources
• Strong metrics-based quantitative and analytical abilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize information to highlight key insights and craft ''story-telling'' presentations
• Capability to manage a team and work independently in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects with minimal direction, maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail and meet deadlines
• 10 years research experience with a media or entertainment company or full-service supplier
• Proficiency with spreadsheet and graphics packages; experience with data visualization tools a plus
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.