Vice President Of Television Finance
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is searching for a Vice President of Television Finance to lead financial planning & analysis for TV Content. This position reports directly to the EVP of Television Finance.
The Executive will play a critical role in working with the core leadership team to drive company objectives and to assure that goals are met. The Executive will have responsibility for budgeting and forecasting across the following areas: Scripted TV, Unscripted TV, and Digital. This position supports and liaises directly with TV Accounting, Corporate Finance, Business Affairs, Production and Development, while acting as a trusted advisor to the divisional business leaders, evaluating and assisting them with their business strategies, financial planning, and growth plans.
• Lead the strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis processes across all TV content segments
• Identify and report key performance indicators and other metrics
• Proactively engage with business partners to identify key issues and develop recommendations
• Develop and implement processes and procedures improvements including new systems implementation
• Build and maintain strong relationships with teams across both finance and business functions
• Provide strong leadership and mentorship to a team of two employees while managing work allocation and driving engagement
• Build a collaborative and effective team dynamic
• An effective leader with a proven track record in leading an FP&A team
• A strong background in TV production with preferably 10 years of experience
• B.A. in Business, Finance, or Accounting required and MBA preferred
Experience working as a true business partner to the leadership of a multi-divisional organization
• A demonstrated understanding of content distribution platforms across all windows
• Experience in taking a strategic vision and converting it to an operational model
• Demonstrated ability to provide objective analysis and crucial advice to key stakeholders
• Past experience successfully partnering with IT staff to manage critical organizational and financial management systems
• Strategically and commercially astute
• Ability to apply sound analytical skills to drive decisions
• Strong understanding of television, media networks/channels business, television accounting and ultimates, particularly with respect to revenue recognition and cost amortization
• Ability to identify areas of improvement in various processes, including greenlighting, forecasting, modeling, and reporting functions
• Ability to drive a culture of continuous improvement within finance, with a focus on commercial business partnering and strategic insight
• Ability to play a major leadership role in the company by being a collaborative partner who is able to influence various stakeholders, challenging them when necessary
• Ability to work across a wide group of divisional management while balancing priorities and accommodating fast changes in content-led businesses
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills
• Articulate with strong presentation skills
• Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, evolving organization in a dynamic industry landscape
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.