SVP, Television Business and Legal Affairs, Scripted, Epix
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
EPIX is seeking an experienced production and development attorney with business and legal affairs experience. The candidate must be self-motivated and capable of handling multiple deals simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, with meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
EPIX, a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM, is a premium pay television network, delivering the latest movie releases and biggest classic film franchises, plus original programming including series, documentaries, comedy and music specials – all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices.
• Analyze deal opportunities and formulate business strategies with respect to development and production matters
• Structure, negotiate and draft a high volume of scripted development and production agreements, including license agreements, option and other rights, talent/test option agreements, and certain above-the-line agreements, as well as and development and production-related unscripted agreements
• Interface with a variety of different departments including in-house personnel (e.g., creative, marketing, etc.) and production personnel/crew
• Develop and suggest policies, practices, and parameters in connection with various business issues
• Advise senior management in connection with deal strategies and complex business / legal matters
• Maintain relationships with broadcasters/exhibitors/distributors, agencies, managers, and attorneys in the entertainment community
• JD degree from a top-tier law school
• Member of California State Bar
• 10 years' prior business / legal affairs experience with a major media entertainment company and/or entertainment law firm with substantial experience in acquisition, sales, and production
• Extensive and in-depth knowledge of negotiating and documenting transactions with an ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to deal effectively with a variety of legal matters at once
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive business-oriented approach
• Must be detail-oriented and possess superior negotiation, drafting, organization and time management skills
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.