SVP - Infrastructure and Engineering
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking an experienced and innovative Infrastructure leader to provide direction for the creation and execution of MGM's technology vision and strategy. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional IT and Broadcast Technology skills. The core part of this position will be to lead the Infrastructure delivery organization, ensuring that it has an active Dev Ops culture and practice in place. This individual will have overall accountability for the Infrastructure Technology Engineering and Operations including Cloud Engineering, Data and Asset Management Platforms, Content Delivery Networks, Corporate and Media Network Services, Unified Communications, Service Management and Availability, and Workplace and End User Computing teams. The SVP will lead a team to provide the highest possible "quality of service" by providing operations and technical excellence for the entire MGM content production environments, enabling the production teams to provide compelling programming and service to our consumer viewers on linear channels and digital platforms, along with MGM clients and partners.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Ensures the Infrastructure Technology and Engineering team's strategy enables successful execution of operations and content service delivery, infrastructure software and platform engineering, infrastructure development engineering and automation, and network engineering.
• Plan and execute studio and production workflows based on most state-of-art technologies that bring together traditional broadcast and premium distribution networks, D2C/OTT, AVOD/SVOD/TVOD (xVOD) and emerging technologies in mobile distribution.
• Design and implement broad scope digital video delivery solutions including design and implementation of networking and systems infrastructure supporting both broadcast and digital video delivery solutions; including live and on-demand (VOD) products
• Oversees a standard set of service delivery tools and processes that will provide the right level of governance for all IT teams, and that will result in client satisfaction
• Partners with Chief Information Security Officer to develop and maintain the security and operational integrity of the technologies and services provided, ensures IT controls are set and followed to ensure SOX and other compliance requirements for the business partnering with Internal audit
• Monitor and conduct periodic assessments of existing technology infrastructure and applications for capacity planning, performance improvements, upgrade requirements and hardware/software replacement and ultimately recommend changes to align with business strategy and ensure efficient processes and operations.
• Oversees the development and maintenance of contingency plans ensuring a highly scalable and resilient 24x7 service delivery capability.
* 15 years of IT and business/industry work experience including architecture design and deployment, systems life-cycle management and infrastructure planning and operations. Strong Infrastructure related knowledge a must
* 10 years of practical field engineering, aptitude to work as an onsite leader, putting to use the technical and operational expertise.
* 5 to 7 years of leadership experience in managing multiple, large cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders
* Hands-on experience designing, deploying, and operating enterprise systems. Leadership roles in Software Delivery and/or Product Lifecycles
* Experience in cloud-first and cloud-native architectures, AWS, GCP and Azure Cloud preferred.
* Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management
* Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in broadcast operations, Computer Science, media communications or engineering areas, or related experience -- prior broadcast and digital content operations, technical planning, remote broadcast, systems integration and/or broadcast engineering experience required.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.