Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., (''MGM'') is looking for a Staff Accountant to join the team and assist in all Corporate accounting functions for the Company.
Position description and responsibilities include:
• Prepare journal entries and related supporting documentation as part of the monthly financial close process
• Prepare general ledger and bank account reconciliations
• Update and maintain foreign exchange rates in the general ledger
• Prepare schedules to assist in the annual financial statement audit
• Assist with SOX controls tracking and prepare support for internal and external auditors
• Coordinate with various departments to obtain support required for various analyses
• Liaise with various departments to obtain information as necessary
• Compile and prepare materials for senior management
• Create various ad hoc reports as needed, including variance analyses
• Assist in various departmental tasks, as needed
• BA/BS degree in Accounting or related area and/or training with at least 1-2 years of accounting experience required
• Detailed understanding of accounting principles
• Strong proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word required
• Confidentiality, diplomacy, reliability, and flexibility are requirements for success in this role
• Ability to work well individually with all levels of personnel, as well as part of a team
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while being able to appropriately prioritize work and remain organized and detail-oriented
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Prior public accounting experience is a plus
• Experience in Entertainment industry accounting is a plus
• Experience with a general ledger system is a plus, preferably SAP
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.