Senior Writer / Producer
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
POSITION TITLE: Sr. Writer/Producer
REPORTS TO: Associate Creative Director
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
Responsible for writing, producing and occasionally editing EPIX on-air and off-air marketing materials.
The position requires creativity and a developed sense of responsibility and organization. This person must
be an endless resource of ideas for their own projects and for the department. This is a role for someone
who is passionate about the art of promos, brings enthusiasm to every project assigned and has an insatiable
curiosity about the EPIX audience and the broader premium TV landscape.
• Work with Associate Creative Director to develop A/V creative for on-air brand image and off-air
spots including monthly affiliate cross channels, VOD pre-roll, sizzle reels, theatrical trailers, etc.
• Write innovative copy and conceptualize unique, contemporary brand spots
• Develop, write, produce and edit multiple concepts for each assignment
• Exhibit comfort in ability to pitch ideas and cuts to all levels of management
• Fulfill companywide promotional objectives for Marketing, Digital, PR and Business Development teams
• Stay current on programming schedule, affiliate deals and marketing calendars in order to better
strategize and foresee promotional projects
• Prepare creative briefs when necessary and meticulously complete project assignment forms and other
• Ensure all projects are archived according to department standards
• Communicate with and inspire graphic designers and supervise execution
• Supervise/direct editors, audio engineers and voice-over talent
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• College degree in Communications, Literature, Journalism or a creative discipline preferred
• A minimum of 5 years' experience writing/producing promos for television, preferably with another
network, agency or movie studio
• Must have experience promoting scripted original series
• Strong understanding of all phases of pre-production, production and post-production
• Superior writing skills and understanding the importance of audio are a must
• Passion for staying current on industry trends
• Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Mac based work environment, After Effects and Adobe suite a plus
• Ability to take a project from concept to completion, including all phases of development
• Link to reel of recent/relevant work required for consideration
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.