Senior Technical Product Quality Engineer
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Technical Product Quality Engineer reports directly to the Senior Manager, Product Architecture & Quality Assurance. This position will provide automation testing support for Engineering and will drive forward our efforts to increase our automated and continuous integration pipeline for functional, integration, regression, and performance testing.
• Lead, as well as be hands-on, in our efforts to build an extensive and scalable continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline
• Lead the implementation of using automation tools for measuring KPI's in a business operating 24/7
• Drive forward the advancement and implementation of automation to facilitate fast feedback loops
• Writing and orchestrating automation of tests in a CI/CD environment
• Be an advocate for technical excellence regarding testable, scalable and high-quality products within the Engineering team
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• 5 years proven experience writing functional tests against applications and APIs via scripting languages or code (and not only through tools)
• Understands the role of unit tests in an effective automated testing environment and has experience working on a team that has used them. While developers may have been the ones writing the tests, candidate was able to review and recommend effective ways to write the relevant tests
• Understands the value in different types of automated tests and how they can complement each other for in-depth coverage and risk management
• Experience building out a continuous integration pipeline using standard best-practice tools
• Experience using automation tools to monitor behavior and performance of running systems
• Experience writing tests that test larger software components and systems for functional, performance, and reliability requirements across a range of hardware and runtime platforms
• Experience implementing and utilizing a process to introduce tests that would detect the re-emergence of existing bugs into the system
• Experience running load tests on an infrastructure in an effort to ensure specific load scenarios are supported by the infrastructure or to determine where specific load limits are reached
• Experience working in an engineering process where fast iterations are used to steadily improve and advance the product
• Experience in knowing software development patterns that support testability and advocating for their use in the code base
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Believes in building high quality products for their entire life cycle
• A team player that will thrive in our fluid, fast-paced, dynamic, scaling environment
• A highly motivated self-starter
• Operates with a sense of urgency and values accountability
• A creative problem solver who makes concise and informed decisions
• Detail-oriented and highly organized with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow- through on projects from inception to production release
• Conducts him/herself with a high degree of integrity
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.