Senior Financial Analyst, TV Finance
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Television Finance group. Focusing on television series and digital short form production, the Senior Financial Analyst will assist in all planning activities related to MGM's scripted and unscripted productions. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of quarterly reforecasts and the long range plan, updating and maintaining financial models for all TV series, and performing any analysis required to support the TV business.
• Maintain television planning models for all current TV series (long form and short form)
• Work in conjunction with TV Distribution, Home Entertainment, and Accounting departments during quarterly reforecasts and long range plan to update series forecasts
• Reconcile actual performance versus forecast, provide variance analyses, and identify key drivers of performance or timing change
• Liaise with Post Production team to update TV production delivery schedules
• Assist in ad hoc analyses and special projects including sensitivity analyses to support sales deal evaluations
• Prepare Excel reports and PowerPoint presentations for Senior Management
• Load forecast and long range plans in Essbase and ensure it balances out to Excel models
• Assist in preparation of financial support for any TV finance analyses
• Track and review licensing and production contracts
• BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting
• 2-5 years of financial planning/accounting experience
• Excellent skills in Excel required
• Knowledge of Essbase and SAP preferred
• Entertainment industry experience preferred
• Prior financial planning and analysis experience required
• Experience in financial modeling preferred
• Well organized, precise, and detail-oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work and communicate with all levels of management
• Desire and proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work well as a team member and deliver accurate information in a timely manner
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.