Senior Financial Analyst
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Financial Analyst, Reporting and FP&A
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst, Reporting and FP&A to be an embedded financial operations partner, who is responsible for departmental financial planning & analysis, as well as, facilitating actuals reporting to support management. Role will help support a business operation team that requires a high degree of teamwork and partnership, to proactively manage departmental business forecasts, evolving business strategies and to meet the evolving demands of a fast paced growing company.
Additionally, the role is responsible for helping to facilitate the monthly accounting close and related reporting. The role will also assist in maintaining an appropriate internal controls posture and support other ad hoc financial requests, as well as, supporting reporting and analysis for MGM corporate.
• Work with a departmental operating team to own and facilitate departmental budget/forecasts, variance analysis, as well as, other operational analysis as required. Must work cross functionally with other finance personnel to ensure the company's forecasts are complete and accurate
• Process monthly journal entries for accurate and support timely financial reporting
• Perform periodic balance sheet account reconciliations and financial general ledger / trial balance analysis
• Prepare other supporting accruals as appropriate (music rights, residuals, etc.)
• Assist with cash flow management / planning and review of operational invoices
• Assist finance team with change management, process enhancements and system implementations
• Assist in preparing operational and budget presentations
• Provide audit and tax filing support, as appropriate
• Assist with ad hoc management requests and general departmental support
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or Finance
• Minimum 3 - 5 years relevant work experience
• CPA (or equivalent) a plus
• Strong excel skills required
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to be thorough with attention to detail
• Team player with the ability to work and communicate with people at different levels within organization
• Demonstrate the ability to perform effective work load prioritization and management
• Ability to be a self starter, take initiative and follow through while working independently
• Strong communication skills (oral, written & listening)
• Prior entertainment & media experience a plus
• Experience in SAP and Essbase a plus
EPIX is a 24-hour premium pay TV network with a line-up of critically acclaimed original programming and thousands of top Hollywood movies. Wholly owned by Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM), EPIX is available nationwide through cable, satellite, telco and streaming TV providers including Comcast, Charter Spectrum, Cox, Dish Network,Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-verse, Sling TV, and PlayStation Vue.
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television. To learn more about career opportunities with EPIX, please visit https://corp.epix.com/#working-at-epix
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.