Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Senior Counsel to be responsible for providing business and legal affairs support in a generalist capacity to a variety of business groups at EPIX. This role reports to the Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs.
• Negotiate and draft a variety of agreements, including vendor agreements, marketing services agreements, creative services agreements, PR agreements, film acquisition agreements, consulting agreements and music licenses
• Primarily support and counsel the marketing, PR, creative services, digital and film acquisitions business teams
• Negotiate and draft agreements for marketing and advertising campaigns
• Review and provide clearance support for EPIX marketing materials, for both on-air and off-air use
• Assist in managing rights across acquired and original programming
• Provide advice and practical recommendations to business executives by balancing legal analysis and business objectives
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
• J.D. degree, admitted in New York or California
• 5-7 years of experience at a law firm handling entertainment matters and/or business/legal affairs position at a network, studio or entertainment company (specific experience in television and/or digital media is preferred)
• Relevant experience and familiarity with the television, film and digital media industries
• Excellent negotiating, drafting, and analytical skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with senior management and across the company
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and ability to work well in a fast paced environment
• Ability to understand business priorities and respond quickly and effectively to client concerns, questions and issues
EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late-night comedy docuseries Unprotected Sets, from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC, and Our Lady, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television. To learn more about career opportunities with EPIX, please visit https://corp.epix.com/#working-at-epix
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.