Senior Counsel, Employment Practices
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Senior Counsel, Employment Practices to join its Human Resources Department. This position will work closely across all departments providing counsel and handling a broad range of employment and compliance issues.
• Provide advice and counsel on all employment matters including: employee relations, corporate compliance, leaves of absence and accommodations, wage and hour, internal investigations, compensation and benefits, performance management, and immigration
• Negotiate and draft employment contracts and related agreements, manage contract options, extensions, and separation agreements
• Participate in the development of Company best practices policies and procedures
• Educate business leaders on trends and issues which may affect the workplace
• Investigate and respond to claims, demand letters, administrative complaints, audits, and other employment inquiries
• Conduct internal audits as necessary
• Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and mange projects with a team-oriented approach
• Maintain and administer compliance of the Company code of conduct/conflict of interest policy
• Establish strong working relationships, credibility and trust within the Company and influence decisions by providing proactive, high quality, and timely guidance
• Assess risk and provide recommendations consistent with good business practices
• Perform additional responsibilities as requested
• Member of the California State Bar or Registered with the California Bar as in-house counsel
• 5-7 years of employment law experience in law firm and/or in-house HR or legal department
• Excellent drafting, negotiating and analytical skills
• Prior experience in entertainment industry strongly preferred
• Professional individual who can build strong relationships, both internally and externally, and is able to comfortably interact with all levels of employees
• Highly detail oriented and organized with exceptional ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.