Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Analyst-Strategic Planning and Corporate Development
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Senior Analyst, Strategic Planning and Corporate Development. This individual will work directly with the SVP, Strategic Planning and Corporate Development and the rest of the Strategic Planning team to help define and implement MGM's long-term strategic plan, which will set the trajectory of the company's growth. The ideal candidate will also play a critical role in business unit / divisional strategies - including film, television, digital, media networks, etc.
The Strategic Planning Senior Analyst will also engage in corporate development activities, including identification and execution of M&A, joint ventures, strategic partnerships, and other business development prospects on a global basis. This is an exciting opportunity to define the next stage of growth for a leading global media & entertainment company.
• Analyze growth strategy and new business opportunities for MGM (including working collaboratively across the company to secure buy-in for key initiatives)
• Execute detailed financial models and other analyses to facilitate decision-making
• Support the creation of presentation materials to communicate critical strategic findings to MGM senior management and Board of Directors
• Assist in and coordinate due diligence, valuation, and other relevant analyses for potential corporate development opportunities, including M&A and strategic partnerships
• Analyze industry trends, competitive landscape, growth opportunities and internal performance and report these findings to senior management
• Work effectively in a team environment, both within Strategic Planning and with business unit partners / stakeholders
• Execute special projects on behalf of corporate and/or business units (e.g., film, television, distribution, media networks)
• 2 years of experience at a leading investment bank, management consulting firm, or top-tier strategic planning / corporate strategy department
• Experience or interest in the media, digital and / or tech industries
• Strong academic performance at a top university. Pre-MBA preferred
• Strong written presentation skills (e.g., PowerPoint, Word)
• Superior analytical skills and financial modeling capabilities (e.g., Excel)
• Demonstrated success in delivering results in a cross-functional team setting
• International experience is a plus
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.