Senior Analyst, Business Development & Strategy
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
The Senior Analyst will be a member of the Business Development & Strategy team, working closely with senior leadership to drive various strategic and financial initiatives for EPIX. The Senior Analyst will play a key role in developing financial analyses, identifying and assessing new revenue opportunities, and working with cross-functional teams throughout the company to implement key operational initiatives. The ideal candidate will be strong in both quantitative and qualitative skills, including analytical ability, creative problem solving, project management, relationship building, and communication.
• Develop business plans and detailed financial models to support sourcing, evaluation, and implementation of new business opportunities
• Conduct research, prepare analyses, and create high-level presentations on industry trends, competitive landscape, potential partnerships, and new distribution opportunities
• Create highly visible presentations for internal/external stakeholders in various use cases including board meetings, investor materials, affiliate sales pitches, partnership discussions, and budgeting/forecasting
• Support distribution deal negotiations by tracking and updating financial models and negotiation status
• Form and maintain relationships with device platform and distribution partners to unlock unique partnership and promotional opportunities, expand EPIX viewership, and grow subscribers/revenue
• Facilitate implementation and project management of various strategic and operational projects, including new product launches, new distribution deals, and other process/organizational changes
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
3 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or a strategy or business development role at a media company
• Passionate about a career in the media & entertainment business
• Knowledge of the media & entertainment landscape, recent trends, and intersection with technology
• High level of proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to conduct in-depth research and synthesize key findings into presentation format
• Experience building financial models and/or business cases
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced work environment
• Ability to work independently and across teams with different backgrounds/skill-sets
• High-level project management skills/methodologies (preferred)
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.