Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Part-Time Recruiter who will be responsible for attracting, sourcing, evaluating, and closing top tier talent and will help develop recruiting strategies to streamline processes for the company. This role will also be responsible for cultivating an Emmy worthy, high-touch candidate experience and be a champion for conveying the EPIX story line and culture throughout the recruiting process. He/she will work closely with the HR team to enhance our employer brand and to showcase EPIX's culture and mission to build a pipeline of talent.
• Manage full cycle recruiting process across all departments: identify, engage, evaluate, and hire top candidates to join our growing company
• Partner with the hiring managers throughout the recruiting process to develop job descriptions, identify candidates, manage the candidate experience, and offers
• Manage the inbound applicant pipeline, while identifying passive job seekers using a full range of recruitment tactics and resources
• Understand requirements and sourcing challenges of each role
• Provide quick and pleasant experiences for every candidate from application stage to offer while evaluating skill level, driving the interview process and offer process, including reference checks, salary recommendations, and closing of candidates
• Facilitates progression of recruitment activities: ensure that candidates are moving through the interview process, feedback is collected post-interview, and candidates are kept in the loop of status
• Manage the experience of both our hiring managers and candidates, ensuring that expectations of key stakeholders are not just met, but exceeded. Act as an advocate for both client and candidate throughout the hiring process, establishing regular touch points and providing diligent follow through
• Represent the company in external recruiting or industry events to include, but not limited to: meetups, user group meetings, campus and collegiate recruiting, job fairs, and other industry communities to develop a pipeline of talent
• Identify, evaluate, and maintain relationships with external organizations (organizations, university groups, industry groups) that align with our diversity goals
• Manage relationships with external partners (e.g., search firms) as appropriate
• Ensure interviewing and employment processes comply with local, state and Federal legislation
• In conjunction with the VP, Human Resources, liaise with outside counsel regarding employment visas and immigration matters
• Assist the HR team in the development, planning and execution of employee engagement initiatives
• Assist with other special projects as required
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• 5-7 years of full life-cycle recruiting experience for a wide array of technical and business roles; prior entertainment/media industry experience a plus
• Bachelor's degree (HR or other business related field a plus)
• Ability to work in a collaborative, fast paced, high pressure environment with a keen ability to manage stakeholders across all levels of the organization
• Must be able to handle highly sensitive information and maintain confidences at all times
• Displays a high level of motivation with the ability to multi-task, prioritize projects with a sense of urgency, expertly problem solve while paying attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong computer and/or technical skills, including applicant tracking systems (ATS); knowledge of ADP preferred
• Experience using social media tools for sourcing and branding efforts
• Strong track record of providing a high-touch experience to both candidates and hiring managers
EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late-night comedy docuseries Unprotected Sets, from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC, and Perpetual Grace, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television. To learn more about career opportunities with EPIX, please visit https://corp.epix.com/#working-at-epix
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.