Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Product Manager to create powerful, customer-focused video experiences with a strong focus on e-commerce and analytics. Our product team leads the vision for all internal and external products that touch our users digitally. Our mission is to provide our users with the best video experience that reflects all the great content our brand carries.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for building experiences across mobile, web, TV apps, game consoles, in-car, unconventional platforms and back-end internal CMS and API.
• Define product vision with senior management and plan for a well-defined product roadmap and backlog plan
• Develop go-to-market plans connected to the product roadmap that ensures measurability and effective communication of new features and capabilities
• Shape company's thinking on how to grow the ecommerce business through key metric indicators, testing, learning, and iteration
• Manage vendor integration to ensure a seamless integration to e-commerce platform
• Responsible for increasing conversion rates and revenue growth through the e-commerce funnel
• Establish, track, and report key metrics across the product lifecycle
• Help to develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
• Manage relationships with the technology, editorial, and marketing teams, and/or other stakeholders and liaise between those groups
• Lead business groups in ideation sessions and requirements gathering specifications, design, development and implementation of key products
• Author product requirements and break down into clear user stories for development
• Drive new feature development from conception to launch with consistency across all of EPIX digital products
• Work with vendors to tightly integrate them into our product development lifecycle
• Lead A/B tests to improve product engagement
• Help with defining market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research
• Analyze potential partner relationships
• Learn, understand, and actively use product management software (Jira, Confluence) to effectively manage product deliverables
• Participate in strategic planning with technical and operational management
• Identify, track, and remove impediments to product success
• Review product requests and participate in the green-light process
• Monitor the competitor market, entertainment trends, competitors analytics and customer feedback
• Define market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research
• Manage app stores for all of EPIX's apps and work on strategies to maintain a highly rated group of apps
• Manage the support process including authoring FAQs and answering customers directly through stores and customer support process
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• 3 years of experience managing technical projects
• 4 years of experience with Agile or Lean methodologies, software engineering practices, and traditional project management approaches
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
• Experience managing projects involving responsive web design and development highly desirable
• Experience managing projects involving mobile products (e.g., apps for iOS, Android, etc.) desirable
• Experience managing projects within a media company and/or in an online businesses environment
• Ability to understand technologies applicable to a chosen project and facilitate resolution of technical issues as they arise
• Ability to lead and motivate people to encourage performance and teamwork
• Demonstrated working partnership with software developers, technical and business management, department heads, product developers and QA teams
• Possess superb written and verbal communications and presentation skills
EPIX is a 24-hour premium pay TV network with a line-up of critically acclaimed original programming and thousands of top Hollywood movies. Wholly owned by Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM), EPIX is available nationwide through cable, satellite, telco and streaming TV providers including Comcast, Charter Spectrum, Cox, Dish Network,Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-verse, Sling TV, and PlayStation Vue.
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television. To learn more about career opportunities with EPIX, please visit https://corp.epix.com/#working-at-epix
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.