Product Manager, Acquisition and Retention
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking an experienced Product Manager, Acquisition and Retention to design a solid acquisition funnel and maintain a list of retention features across all media touch points. This role will also be responsible for setting consumer acquisition goals and liaising with internal teams and affiliates to meet those targets through various features and initiatives.
This role will lead EPIX's acquisition and retention product roadmap for the EPIX NOW brand across all partners leveraging CRM data and analytics to establish KPIs.
• Identify and create opportunities from customer insights, key performance indicators, and financials to drive improvements in all stages of the product lifecycle (acquisition through retention) and customer experience
• Lead and/or support end-to-end cross-functional projects to develop and launch new solutions/capabilities/products in the subscription space
• Identify, gather, and organize member insights, internal innovation ideas, marketplace analyses and competitive trends to drive new concepts
• Author product requirements and break down into clear user stories for development
• Evaluate and define new value propositions and enhancements to existing value propositions for commercial viability
• Lead business groups in ideation sessions and requirements gathering specifications, design, development and implementation of key products
• Build rigorous business cases, including alternate go-to-market scenarios
• Participate in strategic planning with technical and operational management
• Explore and work with third parties to identify suitable and beneficial partnerships
• Work with vendors to tightly integrate them into our product development lifecycle
• Host internal departmental prioritization meetings; log, maintain, and track project deliverables and milestones against EPIX's vision and strategy
• Identify full impact of guideline and product changes and ensure that all relevant stakeholders implement necessary changes
• Develop go-to-market plans connected to the product roadmap that ensures measurability and effective communication of new features and capabilities
• Shape company's thinking on how to grow the ecommerce business through key metric indicators, testing, learning, and iteration
• Manage vendor integration to ensure a seamless integration to e-commerce platform
• Responsible for increasing conversion rates and revenue growth through the e-commerce funnel
• Establish, track, and report key metrics across the product lifecycle
• Help to develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
• Manage relationships with the technology, editorial, data and marketing teams, and/or other stakeholders and liaise between those groups
• Lead A/B tests to improve product acquisition and retention
• Help with defining market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research
• Identify, track, and remove impediments to product success
• Review product requests and participate in the green-light process
• Monitor the competitor market, entertainment trends, competitors' analytics and customer feedback
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor's Degree and/or minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience
• Demonstrated success defining and launching best-of-breed products
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, major web browsers, i.e. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to work as part of a dynamic team environment
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills
• Highly creative, technical and innovative
• Detail oriented with tireless attention to the strategic picture of the business
EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late-night comedy docuseries Unprotected Sets, from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC, and Perpetual Grace, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television. To learn more about career opportunities with EPIX, please visit https://corp.epix.com/#working-at-epix
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.