Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Preditor (Writer/ Producer/ Editor) who is responsible for writing, producing, and editing assigned programs/spots.
• Provides creative brainstorming, pitching, writing and editorial execution of premium, On Air spots
• Manages on line editing of spots for on air delivery to spec (including final graphics, color correction and tagging)
• Coordinates with in house graphics team as well as outside agencies as required
• Makes requisite revisions and offers creative solutions
• Works closely with the promo planning team to determine all promotional aspects for spots (internal promotional goals, time/tags, sponsorships, dot com throws, etc.)
• Responsible for requests associated with project from various outside departments (sales, marketing, affiliate marketing, music/talent, dot com, etc.)
• Supervises production shoots as assigned
• Coordinates with supervisors, team leaders, and production team to devise and adhere to budgets
• Collaborates with various other departments (Sales, Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Digital, music/talent, etc.) to determine needs
• Oversees outside mixing and edit sessions as required
• Keeps projects on schedule by staying in contact with supervisors and team leaders during regular intervals and milestones
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• 10 years' experience in writing/producing and editing on-air promotions/advertising campaigns and presentations from a television network or advertising industry
• Extensive knowledge and familiarity with Premiere editing software
• Must possess strong conceptual, writing and visual skills
• Ability to work in an open, collaborative environment
• Working knowledge of current pre and post-production techniques, involving the use of studio facilities, graphic design and animation, editing, audio production and shooting techniques
• Passion for all things movies, music, pop-culture and premium storytelling
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and sense of humor under a fast paced, ever-changing environment
• Shooting and directing experience a plus
EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late-night comedy docuseries Unprotected Sets, from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC, and Our Lady, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television. To learn more about career opportunities with EPIX, please visit https://corp.epix.com/#working-at-epix
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.