Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is seeking a Payroll Coordinator to assist in all aspects of payroll administration in MGM's corporate office located in Beverly Hills, CA. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in a payroll capacity at a company with at least 400 employees, and has the ability to interact in a positive and professional manner while dealing directly with many employees in various locations to assist in all payroll-related matters. This position will also contribute to the development and implementation of streamlined payroll processes and improved data retention, working in conjunction with the Director of Payroll and MGM's Human Resources department.
* Assist in the preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll for 600 employees
* Ensure all new hires, pay rate changes, deductions, and modifications are processed in an accurate and timely manner
* Audit timecards, time-off requests, and employee / manager timecard approvals and inform the Director of Payroll of any issues that arise
* Assist in the calculation and processing of final checks
* Implement new electronic data retention process and ensure that all payroll files are maintained in compliance with internal audit requirements
* Assist in the internal audit and control compliance efforts surrounding the ADP payroll system and payroll processes to ensure data is accurate and proper internal controls are maintained
* Identify accounting issues, implement resolutions, and provide accounting support
* Assist in the annual compensation process management
* Liaise with the company's third party payroll provider (ADP)
* Analyze current payroll and timekeeping procedures in order to recommend innovative changes that lead to best-practice operations
* Provide and model exemplary customer service
* Respond to employee questions in a timely and professional manner
* Assist with special ad-hoc reports, department, and compliance audits, as needed
* Bachelor's degree
* A minimum of 3-5 years assisting with full-cycle payroll processing for 200 employees preferred
* Superb accuracy and attention to detail
* Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
* Strong presentation and customer service skills with a positive attitude
* Experience with ADP Vantage or ADP payroll systems a plus
* Experience with electronic data retention processes a plus
* Proficient with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Understanding of local, state, and federal payroll regulations
* Confidentiality and discretion are of the utmost importance
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.