Manager, Post Production
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Post Production Manager who will be responsible for managing the workflow of post-production and related financial tracking for EPIX Operations and Production Management departments.
will include post-production scheduling, project budget tracking, production resource management, initiating contract process and setting up and maintaining vendor relationships.
Additionally, finance duties including managing the monthly accrual process, vendor and payroll setup, managing payment processes, and tracking financials.
The Post Production Manager will serve as the day-to-day liaison between the Creative Services, Finance, and the Legal departments in organizing project based freelance producers and editors and outside vendors to promote efficient, timely asset delivery and adherence to procedure. The candidate must be detailed oriented with excellent organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills.
• Manage the financial functions of Creative Services (Collect and process invoices for vendor payments as well as track invoices in AP Log, reconciling against bookings to ensure accuracy, etc.)
• Liaise with Finance to ensure accuracy of coding and timely payments to vendors
• Manage monthly accrual process (track,compile and submit for Creative Services as well as work provided by Creative Services for other departments such as Marketing)
Workflow & Scheduling:
• Work closely with Production Managers to anticipate production needs and ensure the on-time and on-budget delivery of projects
• Schedule,negotiate and book sessions in and out-of-house (facilities, audio mixes,etc.) and maintain production calendar to ensure accuracy
• Negotiate and book talent for sessions (editors, producers, voiceover talent, etc.)
• Initiate and track status of contracts with third party entities,liaising with Legal team and third parties
• Initiate the set-up of new vendor in the MGM payment system
• Facilitate the process of securing temporary freelancers in partnership with HR, including tracking timelines and managing start and end-dates
• Understand and track the status of license agreements between EPIX and providers of third party assets (popular music, stockmusic/stills/footage, fonts, etc.)
• Clearly communicate anticipated and unanticipated problems to the VP of Creative Operations and assist in trouble-shooting
General & Administrative:
• Create and maintain spreadsheets for datatracking
• Organize and maintain vendor and contractfiles
• Generate and compile accurate freelancer time sheets on behalf of Vice President of Creative Operations and input in Accounts Payable log
• Support in Awards process, including completing submission materials and entry forms
• Attend relevant department/project status meetings
• Work closely with the VP of Creative Operations to streamline systems and procedures
• Assist in the reporting of music usage into reporting software when needed
SKILL REQUIREMENTS,EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• College degree or equivalent industry-relevant experience
• 4 years experience in TV/entertainment industry, preferably in client and/or creative services
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Thorough knowledge of promo, post production, and operations
• Excellent computer skills: data-base management, etc.
• Ability to manage and maintain work systems and procedures
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and work both independently and with a team under tight deadlines
• Experience in promo production workflow and project budgets
• Familiarity with operational procedures and financials
• Strong knowledge of Excel
• Experience with Basware, Soundmouse and/or AirTable a plus
EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late-night comedy docuseries Unprotected Sets, from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC, and Our Lady, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television. To learn more about career opportunities with EPIX, please visit our website.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.