Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Culver City, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Manager in its Participations department to be responsible for the review of participations statements, production costs, and co-distribution true up accountings. The ideal candidate will prepare and/or review all manual reporting and statements paying higher amounts or involving more complex calculations, as well as motion picture and television ultimates, participations planning projections, treasury forecasting, and reconciliations.
• Review participations and box office bonus statements for third party participants, as well as production costs and co-distributor true up statements
• Create and review receipts and/or expense adjustments, interest schedules, and other manual calculations required for accurate reporting
• Review staff reconciliations and diligence work
• Validate the accuracy of statement mailing packages, tax withholding calculations, and payment requisitions
• Validate the accuracy of reporting set ups against contract terms
• Month End Close
• Review analyst work as part of month-end diligence
• Provide analytical and other support for titles subject to audit
• Prepare and maintain motion picture and television ultimates
• Handle forecasting tasks
• Manage treasury reconciliations
• Participate in staff mentoring, development, and review
• Participate in system and template development/testing
• B.A./B.S. with a major or minor in Accounting, Business, or Finance preferred
• 7 years of prior employment experience in an Accounting, Finance, or Participations department preferred
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency with Excel
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and follow through on projects
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.