Lead Residuals Analyst
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Culver City, CA
Full Time Job
The Lead Residuals Analyst will provide research and analytical support to the MGM Residuals and Participations Department. This position will include forecasting, processing, compliance analysis, claims resolution, and ultimates activities. A substantial focus of the position will be on creating and maintaining internal forecast and ultimate models to confirm timely payment of residuals. The Lead Residuals Analyst will also ensure MGM remains compliant with the AMPTP and guild collective bargaining agreements as it relates to theatrical motion pictures and television programs that are in development, production, distribution, and licensed for reuse. The position requires financial analysis for accurate input of information for new product set-up in the residuals processing system.
• Forecast residual liabilities and create models for projects under consideration or in development
• Gather and evaluate financial documents and other documentation related to product to be entered into MGM residuals systems
• Enter and/or review information input into the MGM residuals systems
• Create and maintain residual ultimates for products after release
• Calculate accrual rates by product and library
• Support month-end financial close diligence
• Support monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc payment processes and related diligence, (e.g., reconciling various g/l account balances between systems, analyzing variances, calculating any necessary adjustments, preparing and/or reviewing journal entries, updating monthly and quarterly reports)
• Prepare claims analysis and support the residual and audit team as required
• Conduct research and provide analysis to respond to ad-hoc requests
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Accounting or Finance preferred
• Minimum 4 years of prior Accounting / Finance / Residuals / Participation experience in the entertainment industry preferred
• At least 2 years in a residuals department or environment
• Knowledge and comprehension of residual guild agreements
• Strong Excel, Microsoft Office, and network based skills required
• Ability to maintain a large volume of data in various programs, spreadsheets, and systems
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to grasp new concepts and problem-solve in a dynamic, creative environment
• Fundamental understanding of computer systems mandatory
• SAP knowledge preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Be a highly motivated, analytical, and proactive person with the ability to work in a collaborative team-oriented environment
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.