Junior Product Manager
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
The Junior Product Manager will create powerful, customer-focused video experiences. Our product team leads the vision for all internal and external products that touch our users digitally. Our mission is to provide our users with the best video experience that reflects all the great content our brand carries.
As a product manager, you will be responsible for building experiences across mobile, web, TV apps, game consoles, in-car, unconventional platforms and back-end internal CMS and API.
What you will do:
• Define product vision with senior management and plan for a well-defined product roadmap and backlog plan
• Author product requirements and break them down into clear user stories for development
• Drive new feature development from conception to launch with consistency across all of EPIX digital products
• Manage the releases and come up with a viable release/deployment plan for all products
• Manage the support process including authoring FAQs and answering customers directly through stores and customer support process.
• Lead business groups in ideation sessions and requirements definition, gathering specifications and designs, then tracking through development and implementation for key products
• Define market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research
• Work with vendors to tightly integrate them into our product development lifecycle
• Manage relationships with the technology, editorial, and marketing teams, and/or other stakeholders and liaise between those groups
• Lead A/B tests to improve product engagement
• Analyze potential partner relationships
• Learn, understand, and actively use product management software (JIRA, Confluence) to effectively manage product deliverables
• Manage app stores for all of EPIX's apps and work on strategies to maintain a highly rated group of apps
What you will need:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, major web browsers, i.e. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome
• Ability to work as part of a dynamic team environment
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills
• Minimum of 3-5 years relevant digital experience
• Demonstrated success defining and launching best-of-breed products
• Highly creative, technical and innovative
• Detail oriented with tireless attention to the strategic picture of the business
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.