Junior Data Analyst
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Junior Data Analyst to work closely with the digital team, data scientists, product managers, and other teams such as marketing, sales and business development to transform data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound product & business decisions across EPIX and MGM.
As the Junior Data Analyst you need to have strong analytical and data management skills, collaborate with Senior Data Scientists and software engineers, and be able to present your findings and guidance to key company teams in the form of reports, dashboards and other communications.
You will need to be an evangelist for data and insights, explaining data-driven insights in a way that can be easily understood.
You are passionate about learning emerging techniques and the state of the art in data processing and machine learning.
You take pride in your craft and enjoy building informative, reliable reports and dashboards. You're excited about data's impact on the world and you are curious, generous and can hustle in a fast-paced environment.
• Work with teams to build KPI dashboards, data visualization tools and reporting insights to directly drive product development and help run the business
• Perform data analysis using disparate sources of data to effectively inform stakeholders
• Use strong quantitative and analytical skills to work with business and product stakeholders to define metrics that tell the right story in the data
• Work closely with Digital team members to drive product performance improvements through A/B test implementation, behavioral cohort analysis, heat mapping, funnel and conversion analysis, etc. using in-house and third-party solutions
• Work across Marketing and Digital teams on web and app 3rd party tracking pixel and beacon integration and management
• Gather Marketing, Finance, Product, and Business Development data requirements, then lead their implementation and continually evaluate their effectiveness
• Support well-defined measurement programs that produce relevant and reliable data, empower informed decision-making and enable iterative cycles of testing, learning and optimization
• Collaborate closely with Digital Development, Design, Product and Editorial teams to incorporate data-driven insights into the feedback loop of design and content strategy
• Continually evaluate industry-leading tools and solutions for data collection and reporting
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• BS in Data Science or Statistics
• 1 Years of data analytics experience
• Experience managing and analyzing large datasets in Microsoft Excel, SQL, Python, R, SAS, and Tableau or other BI and/or data visualization tools
• Strong knowledge of the digital space and digital analytics including the vendors and testing methodologies and approaches
• Experience with media industry products for reporting and analysis including Google Analytics, Mediamorph, Mixpanel, Amplitude, Fabric, AppAnnie, Braze, etc.
• Passion for digital analytics, working with data and deriving insights to answer business stakeholder questions and drive actions and decision-making
• Organizationally and operationally savvy
• Ability think critically and strategically to set direction and guide innovation in product management, project management, and resource management
• Relationship builder with internal teams and executives at senior levels
• Able to translate complex analytics/data sciences concepts in terms that are easily understood and accessible to clients at various levels of seniority and sophistication with the material
• Quickly masters new disciplines, concepts, and technologies
EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late-night comedy docuseries Unprotected Sets, from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC, and Our Lady, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television. To learn more about career opportunities with EPIX, please visit our website.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.